The DuPage County HOPE Taskforce is pleased to announce a funding opportunity to address the opioid crisis in DuPage County. The online submission form can be found below. The submission of an application does not guarantee funds will be made available.
The total funding available is $100,000, made possible by the DuPage County Board. Grant applications must be between $25,000 and $50,000.
- Local units of government (ex. Municipalities, townships, police, fire, libraries)
- Public, private, and parochial schools
- Federally tax-exempt section 501(c)(3) charitable organizations
- Proposals must align with the HOPE Taskforce Framework. Additional points will be given to projects that address higher priority Framework areas. The Framework areas are listed below, from highest priority to lowest priority.
- Integrated Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Recovery
- Substance Use Prevention and Education
- Reduce Opioid Use and Misuse
- Increase Overdose Response
- Reduce Access to Drugs
- The proposed project must serve primarily DuPage County residents.
- The proposal must be for a new project or expansion of an existing project.
- Any organization funded by the HOPE Taskforce will be required to submit a progress report and a final report at dates to be determined.
- Project period duration of up to eight months between February 1, 2020 and September 30, 2020.
- Guidelines for the project narrative to be submitted with the application can be found here.
- A detailed budget must be submitted with the application. Template available here.
- Funds cannot be used to fund treatment scholarships or clinical care
- Funding must be invoiced by October 31, 2020
Applications must be submitted via the online application at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/hope19funding and are due no later than 12:00pm CT on Friday, December 6, 2019.
The contact person listed on the application will receive an email confirming receipt of the application within 1 business day of submission. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact Michelle Aguirre at Michelle.Aguirre@dupagehealth.org or 630-221-7686.
- Evaluation of proposals will be conducted by HOPE Taskforce Co-Chairs and two Taskforce members: December 7, 2019 through January 17, 2020.
- The HOPE Taskforce will review recommendations on funding at the January 24, 2020 meeting.
- Notification of award is anticipated by January 31, 2020.
Questions about this funding opportunity can be directed to Michelle.Aguirre@dupagehealth.org.