DuPage Narcan Program's School Resources
The DuPage Narcan Program (DNP) has several resources to help prepare schools in DuPage County respond to an opioid overdose.
The DNP operates as a train the trainer program. In order to access Narcan through the DNP, all participating program sites must have a signed DNP Participation Agreement and designate at least one staff person as a trainer for other school staff.
For school districts that are in DuPage County and would like to participate in the DNP:
1. Fill out a Participation Agreement. This form is designed to signify your district's participation in the DuPage Narcan Program. Please only submit one form per school district.
2. Once you receive confirmation from the DNP that the agreement is accepted, school staff must designate at least one person to be a trainer for the school district. Staff must view a recorded train the trainer session to complete this requirement.
3. Sign an attestation form notifying the DNP that the school district has viewed the recording.
4. The trainer(s) at the school can now train other school district staff. The DNP has resources to assist trainers, including a slide deck that may be used in school trainings. Schools are welcome to tailor the training slides to the needs of their school.
5. Fill out a Resupply Request Form to request your initial supply of Narcan for your school district. Only one initial supply request should be submitted per school district.
6. If Narcan is used on campus, one school staff person must send in a Naloxone Administration Reporting Form through this Resupply Request within 5 business days of Narcan use. Select "Use of Kit" as the reason for request. Attach the Naloxone Administration Reporting Form at the bottom of the Resupply form.
Questions can be directed to DNP@dupagehealth.org